Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Laughter, I miss it

I was talking with a parkie friend about this and just wonder if it is just us. Do you laugh like you did before Parkinson's? Before this disease I had a great sense of humor, I played practical jokes, I told jokes. There were times when I would laugh so much my eyes teared up and I could barely see. My stomach would hurt from laughter, sometimes I could barely get through a joke with out laughing. I haven't laughed like that in years. Even as the depression began creeping in, I still could find things that made me laugh. I don't remember the last time I laughed, and my friend was the same way. Is it the Parkinson's, the drugs, or something else?  I don't feel depressed any more, I'm not on antidepressants, things make me smile, but I don't laugh, maybe a chuckle or two, but never a good ol belly laugh I miss that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment