Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2014

a hodgepodge of stay awake stuff

This has been such a long month, make that nearly 3. Ever since my wife had here double carpal tunnel surgery it has been one thing after another. The cold has made working in the shop impossible, having to do nearly everything for her, my Parkinsons and now the two animals that we may lose due to their age and sickness has just been pushing so hard. I know many many Po eople have it worse I guess I just get to write out my thoughts her.

It has been 3 months since Shelley's surgery, she should be back to full functionality by now. Her physical therapy technician told her today she has about 30% of her use in her hands. She has constant radiation pain syndrome which will only get worse. After 3 months I still need to open water bottles, pet for cans andhelp her dress and undress. She can drive short distances but after a bit the pain gets too much. I have become her hands in many cases.

Nesta on of the two cats we got before we were married is having severe bladder and kidney issues. We may have to put he down very soon. Don't know what that will do to her sister. When we got them from my daughter she didn't want to separate them ñ from birth they have always been together. I'm worried for her.

Carmen our oldest dog has been under the weather, we took her in and they found what appears to be a tumor near her spleen. To find out if it is a tumor will cost 1000.00 just to know  and that includes no treatment.  She is already 12 or 13 years old so all we can do is make her as comfortable as possible.

My Parkinsons seems to be progressing, I have one pretty good day followed by a bad day. The bad days sre mostly fatigue,  stiffness and pain. On the 11th of this month I spent 2 hours in an MRI tube. Nurse called next morning to say they are stable from befor. However there were multiple defects noted.  I tried to ask but she said doctor would discuss everything on fallowup. He's on vacation now. One MRI was a brain scan, we were told then there were no defects noted
 The other was my cervical spine.  That was before my neck surgery for a complete blockage of C3-6 allowing no spinal fluid to circulate,so was that stable. I guess we wait another 12 days to find out.

So things have been a bit down lately but we are fixing up the truck and camper getting ready to travel and try to put this life stuff on the back burner for a whilr. Just how much camping depend. I still have some wood working projects to finish but I think we will be passing on the farmers markets this year. Sounds like my girl's will ne coming at the end of the month with the great granddaughter.  In may we are planning a trip to Sioux Falls and Rapid city South Dakota to see some very dear friends. We may look a little like walking wounded but we do ok, and like I said there are many folks worse off. Lucky me I have a place to whine, in fact I might just have a spot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment