Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Find a way to help each other

I read a post from an online friend today that got me thinking, and I think it applies in a lot of ways. She had to install a new well pump, didn't know all the ins and out but got it in. Then it wouldn't pump turns out it needed to be primed. Sure enough the was a nut to open to allow the pump to be primed but she was unable to do it. She called everyone she could think of. No one would help. She said to a plumber she could pay when she got her disability check, the plumber said "call me then". No community groups would help, no one, so I was thinking about a way we could  each other. There has to be away of getting together people willing to help with those that need it but in a way that we support each other. At one time or another we all need a helping hand, but what if we can do it as a barter system.

There are still things I can do, but plenty I can't so what if we trade somehow. People on disability rarely have the money for every emergency that comes along, but had I been close I sure as hell could have found the time to loosen a bolt for someone.

I am really talking to the community of disabled folks out there, we pretty much all have something we can do, it may seem very small to you, but it just might be the thing someone else really needs help with. Maybe we just somehow set up a community style bulletin board. Something simple, which is not at all simple. I see many problems, but not as big as doing nothing. In these times when every government office is cutting everything they can to help people it would be so simple if you are able to do that one little thing someone needs if you just knew they needed it. I have a website that I would be more than willing to devote some space to for this, but no one should have to go without simple things we can help each other with because they can't get a hand from someone willing to give a few moments of time.

I know there are many hurdles to something like this, suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. No businesses looking to make a buck or find a way to look for more, simply and strictly a barter type system. My one great fear is scammers and
sceemers., we are talking about just helping each other. If there is an interest there is a way.
Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment