Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hallelujah

Tonight as I do most nights I make the rounds of the Parkinson's sites and I saw the words to a Leonard Cohen song that many fans of "House" tv series heard many times. The song was "Hallelujah". The words were slightly modified, but brought me to tears. The song itself is powerful, these words added to it were.......overwhelming to say the least. It will make this post a rather long one, but you must hear Leonard Cohen's song first and the read the words with the melody still in your head.
http://www.youtube.com/v/YrLk4vdY28Q?version=3&list=AL94UKMTqg-9D0EnTkiR5PRGsnOVCQTI-i&feature=share&showinfo=1&autohide=1&attribution_tag=RZ-9zScpkkVT2eJNO06HnQ&autoplay=1

The song is so powerful, but now try to remember the music with these words which came from  my internet friend and a very wise man when it comes to living with Parkinson's. Thank you Al.

I'm sorry it didn't copy quit right, but bear with the fact it isn't written out as.lyrics normally are. It is worth it.

 By LOHENGR1N On 2013.11.05 01:11You may want to skip this post if you're looking for a picker upper. Just a Leonard Cohen song (Hallelujah) With an introverted look from my parkinsonion perspective. (added between verses) "Hallelujah"I've heard there was a secret chordThat David played, and it pleased the LordBut you don't really care for music, do you?It goes like thisThe fourth, the fifthThe minor fall, the major liftThe battle king composing Hallelujah("You have Parkinson's Disease." Diagnosis, go home thinking they're wrong maybe it is a mistake? Maybe there is something anything I can do and God will take it away! Okay I'm in for a battle but God will cure me I've just got to praise Him more)Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahYour faith was strong but you needed proofYou saw her bathing on the roofHer beauty in the moonlight overthrew youShe tied you to a kitchen chairShe broke your throne, and she cut your hairAnd from your lips she drew the Hallelujah(I know God won't let this be...life is too beautiful, too much to do to much to enjoy this wasn't in my/our plans! I am in the prime of my life or I'm just ready to retire and enjoy everything! I'll soon be feeble my illusions of being in control are harshly falling away. But God will save me.)Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahBaby I have been here beforeI know this room, I've walked this floorI used to live alone before I knew you.I've seen your flag on the marble archLove is not a victory marchIt's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah(Parkinson's, I've been here before you moved into my body. You've bent me, twisted me made me slower and trembling, my foot steps are halting and shuffling, I wear you like a flag draped over my shoulders for all to see. The future imagined for love is gone, we've got no stroll into the sunset just a shuffle into the darkness looming ahead and whatever it holds. What praise I've got left sounds hollow and cold truly broken)Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahThere was a time when you let me knowWhat's really going on belowBut now you never show it to me, do you?And remember when I moved in youThe holy dove was moving tooAnd every breath we drew was Hallelujah(Seems my questions don't get answers, We use to talk God, now it is more of a one way conversation and I feel I'm talking to myself....remember when We did talk and do things I could feel You with Me! Those were such happier times)Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahMaybe there’s a God aboveBut all I’ve ever learned from loveWas how to shoot at someone who outdrew youIt’s not a cry you can hear at nightIt’s not somebody who has seen the lightIt’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah( I don't know I'm not as sure as I used to be, love at the best of times is hard now it is easier to retort than hug it seems. Now if you hear it, it's not a praise be! No it's more like a Wolf howling, a long drawn out lonely forlorn wail) Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahYou say I took the name in vainI don't even know the nameBut if I did, well, really, what's it to you?There's a blaze of light in every wordIt doesn't matter which you heardThe holy or the broken Hallelujah(Sometime We think what did we do wrong to be punished like this, but really it's just the cards we're deal in life. How're you doing? We hear that and see friends not listen they don't want to really know doesn't matter most hear what they want to hear)Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, HallelujahI did my best, it wasn't muchI couldn't feel, so I tried to touchI've told the truth, I didn't come to fool youAnd even though it all went wrongI'll stand before the Lord of SongWith nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah(We do what we can, never seems enough, we reach out and try to make contact. I've not whitewashed or fibbed about it. I don't mislead or trick anyone. I've tried to live right and do good and not harm or hurt. To be a good role model even as life fell to pieces around me and in me. So in the end if there is a judgement seat I'll stand and make no excuses, I'll utter what ever it is that's left of my cold and broken Hallelujah) Hallelujah, HallelujahHallelujah, Hallelujah By jcoff012 On 2013.11.05 09:19I love this song, Al...when it was part of "House", it may be cry every time they used it. Still does. The first time I heard it was years ago, and it made me cry then, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment